March 31st - 2019 - 11:59pm PST
We have been conducting these art manikin challenges since 2014 and doing so monthly since 2015. Over that time we've given out thousands of dollars in prizes. Scroll to the bottom of this page to see past contest winners and entries. You will also find news about finalists from past months there as well.
Come here every month to find out what the theme of the month is and learn how you too can win free products!
THEME OF THE MONTH
Entry example provided by Jake- http://geneticdork.tumblr.com/
Browse through our gallery of images and submit drawing using the pose and camera angle seen in the reference you select. If you already own one of our products, you may create your own reference. Once you've completed your artwork hit the submit button at the bottom of this page to send us your entry along with your attribution details.
Important: Your submission must feature the reference images beside (as shown above) and your design must be original and not derivative of somebody else's work.
Criteria for selecting finalists will be your solid drawing and design skills, therefore clean sketches are sufficient and there is no need to render or color your entries.
Submissions can be traditional or digital. But all submissions must be submitted digitally (see "SUBMIT" button below)
Three finalists will be selected by the A9 team. Then the community will vote to determine which one of these three is the grand prize winner.
Please include all the attribution details you'd like featured alongside your entry in the body of your email (artist name, website, etc).
If you don't provide any details we will simply credit the name on your email address.
The first and foremost criteria for selecting finalists will be your design, drawing and conceptual skills, and 3-dimensionality. We suggest drawing directly over top of the reference images since the proportions and perspective are most accurate that way.
1st → $220
2nd & 3rd → $50/each
TERMS & CONDITIONS
By submitting your entry, you agree to the following terms and conditions:
1) You are 18 years of age or older.
2) Your entry is original and created by you alone
3) Your artwork is derived from one or more poses featured in one of these photos (or one you've taken yourself of an A9-Rig).
5) You will own the entire copyright to the work you derive from armature poses we provide but you grant us the non-exclusive right to publish your artwork here on our website, and on our social media pages for others to see.
6) If you win any of the prizes, some shipping fees may apply.
7) You can submit as many entries as you like.
8) Please don't include watermarks or text on your artwork. These details can be included (such as websites) beside your submission in text form (your attribution details). But we need the art to be clean so that when judging and voting happens the works can be seen without identifying the artist. Having your signature placed tastefully and inconspicuously within the work is fine.
By clicking the submit button below, you agree
to the terms and conditions specified above